Innovative solutions to Covid-19 on surfaces
EU and FDA approved
SO WHAT IS AFRISAN AG+ SURFACE DISINFECTANT WITH EU AND FDA APPROVAL?
AFRISAN AG+ is a powerful, highly effective, broad spectrum multi-purpose disinfectant that is both stable and safe. In 3 seconds your surfaces will be clear of viruses, and continue to stay free of viruses due to the elemental silver aspect.
It is a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) which is stabilised using a proprietary ionic silver based chemistry.
When correctly applied to water, air or any surface, AFRISAN AG+ will disinfect through an oxidisation process and continue to safely provide unrivalled residual performance.
AFRISAN AG+ is chlorine and alcohol free, with no corrosive effects on usual materials of construction during application. After use it simply degrades into harmless water and oxygen as one of the safest forms of disinfection.
AFRISAN AG+ combines hydrogen peroxide and silver synergistically, releasing highly reactive free radicals that immediately begin to attack the cell membrane of the targeted microorganism. This weakens the cell and allows the silver ions to enter. Together, the silver and hydrogen peroxide (20 times stronger than hydrogen peroxide alone) destroy the microorganism by:
- Attacking and disrupting the cell membrane.
- Binding to the enzymes causing denaturation.
- This incapacitates the energy source of the cell causing rapid death.
- Binding to the DNA to stop replication.
During the process, hydrogen peroxide decomposes into water and oxygen gas, which creates a highly toxic environment for anaerobes, yet safely decomposes into water and oxygen.
Afrisan AG+ innovative solutions to Covid-19 on surfaces EU and FDA approved
Is Silver safe and non-toxic?
The quick answer is YES!
Anything at a higher enough concentration can be considered toxic. Ingest too many antibiotics, or alcohol or even fruit juice and you could do yourself harm. But in the right amounts they can prove to be highly beneficial. Silver is one of those elements.
The antiseptic characteristics of silver were known back in ancient times. The Phoenicians, for example, used to maintain the freshness of water during their long voyages at sea by keeping their water in containers made of silver. In medieval Europe, at the wealthiest courts, silver cutlery and dishes were used.
Colloidal silver sold in health food stores and pharmacies worldwide over the past 100 years with proven health benefits. At concentrations of just 15 ppm completely destroys Staphylococcus in 4 min, Salmonella in 7 min, Pseudomonas in 10 min, and Candida in 2 min.
The FDA has approved the usage of silver in bottled water up to a concentration of 17 ppb as a disinfectant. (2015- Title 21, Volume 3, 21CFR172.167)
Application for Surface Disinfection
Afrisan AG+ diluted to 3% is a very effective surface disinfectant against viruses and bacteria.
Afrisan AG+ diluted to 3% is a very effective surface disinfectant against viruses and bacteria. The oxygen component neutralizes micro-organisms through a process of oxidation, however when Afrisan AG+ eventually safely evaporates into oxygen and water +-40 minutes, the silver particles remain behind continuing to disinfect the surface from any new pathogens that may settle.
The FDA in the USA has stated that hydrogen peroxide and silver combined, is safe to be used in the consumption of bottled water. Afrisan AG+ silver content is far below the FDA’s maximum safety limit, rendering Afrisan AG+ extremely safe.
Aerosolized tunnels for the disinfection of SARS Cov-2
There are many chemicals that behave as disinfectants including aldehydes, alcohols, phenolic compounds, chlorine and its derivatives, quaternary ammonia compounds, biguanides, peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide. All these chemicals have a place in surface disinfection however not all are effective against viruses and when one adds the human component almost all have to be discounted.
Afrisan AG+ can make disinfecting claims according to the FDA & EU standards for use with SARS-CoV-2.
Is Afrisan AG+ clinically proven to kill Covid-19?
Yes, according to the scientific studies.
- Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces (Journal of hospital infection).
- Republic of Ireland case study on PPE equipment exposed to Covid-19 provides significant lethality to the virus.
- Hydrogen Peroxide inhalation may improve Covid-19 patient outcomes.
Is silver contained in Afrisan AG+ safe for humans?
- Silver has been known for centuries as a disinfectant and even today is used on neonates.
- Silver toxicity is related to concentration and the FDA has stated that silver with hydrogen peroxide is safe in bottled drinking water. Afrisan AG+ content is well below the maximum permissible limit.
It is known that only hydrogen peroxide is the safest chemical to use, at the right concentration, where humans require disinfection.
The balance needs to be created whereby one can provide the highest permissible concentration for human safety, yet obtain a respectable viral log reduction in the shortest possible time frame. Apart from the oxygen molecule oxidising the RNA genetic material of SARS CoV-2, the silver component works as an Electro Magnetic Field Field disruptor as it has nothing to penetrate. This combination ensures a 20x gain of function of Afrisan AG+ efficacy over standard hydrogen peroxide.
The recommended concentration will not act as a bleaching agent on clothing materials, hair, personal cosmetics products and the like, yet safe enough for nasal mucosa and the eye’s cornea.
Other Applications & Advantages of Using Afrisan AG+ in Healthcare
- Tasteless, colourless and odourless
- No toxic disinfection by-products
- Can prevent serious infectious diseases including C. diff, Swine Flu (H1N1), Methicillin Resistant Staph (MRSA), Avian Flu (H5N1), Rhinovirus (Common Cold), HIV-1, E. Coli, Salmonella and more.
- Patient safety assured
- Does not foam
- No rinsing required
- Approved under Regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000
- Can be used in a wide range of temperatures up to 203°F (95°C)
Where is Afrisan AG+ typically used in the Healthcare sector?
- Disinfection in the medical, dental and veterinary fields
- Systematic disinfection of surfaces (kitchens and wet rooms) and environment
- Medical, dental and surgical instrument disinfection
- Water treatment system disinfection
- Pipework and equipment water supply tanks
- Personnel decontamination
- Long term care
- Assisted Living
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Day care centres
- Gyms and Fitness Centres
- Veterinary facilities
- Schools and universities
- Medical and dental offices
- Compounding pharmacies
- Research laboratories
- Correctional facilities